Friday, November 5, 2010

Down but not out, MY VOTE WILL COUNT!


Tuesday morning November 2, 2010 I proudly exercised my right to vote  at Bethel’s Place in Houston, Texas.
The morning started off great as I left the house at 7:30 a.m. As I coasted down the 610 freeway ,I could hear the radio giving out information on locations for voting. I heard that there was an open voting poll with no line; so I made my way there. I was more than devastated when the precint  judge said that I could vote but it would not count because I was not registered for the area. I thought back and realized I had no idea where to go because I had moved a few times following the elections of 2008.
Back on 610, I was all fired up to vote when suddenly, I received a text message informing me that I could find where I was registered through text message. You could find your precinct by following the instructions and replying back with the word “PLACE”. To further expand my voting poll knowledge I received a link http://pollingplaces.RaiseYourVote.com/pollingplaces/find that was also very useful.
After utilizing all my resources and being turned down from two voting polls, I found my way to Bethel’s Place serving as Precinct 680 at 12525 Fondren . There I was greeted by eager volunteers and was quickly sent on my way to cast my ballot. Smiling ear to ear, I took my exit and released a great sigh of relief.
Exercising your right to vote is very important and if you don’t vote and gain knowledge of politics in your community and the nation, then complaining is not where you should start to help fix issues.  Get registered and become equip with the voting voice!

3 comments:

  1. Voting is a right and we want to keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you were so tenacious!! Imagine how many people gave up after bein turned away the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ! I thought about giving up on my journey but I would have been more upset if I had not voted.

    ReplyDelete